WAMAC © All rights reserved.
These are some of the safety rules from AMA, IMAC, and some good old common sense.
• No standing in front or directly to the side of a running nitro or gas plane’s
(For electrics the same goes for running or not)
• Start Nitro and Gasplanes with the propeller facing away from the shelter or
in the pits.
• No smoking inside of the pits at all. (Especially with Gas or Nitro present)
• Those with gas powered planes must have a fire ext. in the pits at all times.
• Two people preferred to madden a new plane, (One to do the flying and the other
• No one in the air after a plane experiences a sudden acute jump in gravitational
forces, gravity check, or a good old plane crash.
• Fly outside patterns at end of runway when someone is on the field to retrieve
• The use of a throttle lock on radios equipped with them should be used.
• Do not taxi past the engine kill box.
• Do not fly over or behind the pits, spectators, vehicles, and/or the shelter.
If plane is
out of control, ground it by any means possible to avoid damage to property
• Do not fly alone - always have with you another pilot or safety observer in case
of accident or injury.